An active member is defined by the following criteria:
- The member must have an interest in fetal diagnosis, fetal therapy or fetal surgery, or any related field with a specific interest in fetal diagnosis and therapy.
- The member must attend the Annual Meeting.
- The member must pay dues and subscribe to the journal Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy on an annual basis. Failure to pay these dues and subscription by the date of the Annual Meeting of the Society will result in forfeiture of membership. The Secretary/Treasurer will contact the members by email that have not paid their dues and notify them of a 90 day grace period for payment. Lack of payment by 90 days after the first day of the Annual meeting will result in removal of the individual’s name from the membership list. Said individual will be notified by email of this action by the Secretary/Treasurer.
Loss of membership
- Failure to attend two of three (3) consecutive Annual Meetings will result in the Member’s name and address being removed from all mailing lists. Exceptions will be made in extraordinary circumstances. These should be emailed or sent by regular mail to the Secretary/Treasurer.
Other categories of membership:
- Senior Memberships. A senior member is an active member of age 65 or more or retired from active clinical practice. A senior member is not required to pay dues, but will be expected to pay a full registration fee if he/she attends the Annual Meeting. A senior member may elect to continue to subscribe to the journal Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy at the discounted member rate.
- Honorary Memberships. An honorary member is one who is proposed by the Executive Committee and elected by the Members attending the Annual General Meeting. The offer of Honorary Membership is to be reserved for outstanding individuals in some field related to Fetal Diagnosis or Fetal Therapy. Either of the preceding terms can be broadened as required by the Executive Committee to allow the inclusion of a particularly worthy individual. He/she may attend all general meetings and is permitted to vote at the business meetings, but is not required to pay annual dues, apart from the costs of registering and attending the meeting.